【国际小学部】浅析创造力和协作精神在教学中的培养

Here are Joy International Primary School we believe in the 5C. But what are the 5C? How do we use the 5C in the classroom? What skills do the students build through the 5C? Who can use the 5c? Let’s take a look and dive into more information about the how, why, what, and who in this three-part article about the 5C. The first part was in April where we covered Critical Thinking. The second part will be our focus today, where Creativity and Collaboration will be discussed. The third and final part of the three-part series will be released in June where there final two 5C will be discussed: Communication and Confidence.

这里是嘉洋国际小学,我们相信5C品格培养。但是5C是什么?我们如何在班级里使用5C?学生通过5C培养什么技能?谁能使用5c?在这篇关于5C的三模块的文章中,让我们看看并深入了解更多关于如何用、为什么用、用什么和谁在用的信息。

Let’s first take a look at the 5C basics. What are they exactly and what do they mean?我们先来看看5C。它们到底是什么,是什么意思?

We look at everything from multiple angles and perspectives.
我们力图多角度地看待每一件事情;
We avoid oversimplified answers to complex problems.
我们尽量避免简单粗暴地处理复杂问题;
We use strategies to come to conclusions.
我们愿意使用战略工具来得出可靠结论;
We approach problems systematically.
我们使用系统方法来处理问题;
We apply analytical and scientific methods appropriately.
我们严谨地应用科学方法和分析工具。
We approach problems with curious and fresh eyes.
我们用好奇而新鲜的眼光来分析问题解决问题;
We have the openness and courage to explore.
我们愿意以开放勇敢的心态来探索一切可能性;
We don’t always take the old path to get to our goal. 
我们不一定要“故技重施”来实现目标;
We expect to find truth in unexpected and surprising places.
我们盼望能以“众里寻他千百度,那人却在灯火阑珊处”的方式发现真理。
We celebrate the generation of new ideas and solutions.
我们拥抱新思想新方法。
We respect and appreciate people who are different from us. 
我们尊重并欣赏与我们不同的人;
We take responsibility for one another in our attitudes and actions.
我们为彼此之间的态度和行为负责;
We follow rules which allow us to live in harmony with one another.
我们制定必要的规则来保证所有人和谐相处;
We provide honest and constructive feedback to one another.
我们彼此提出诚实和建设性的意见和建议;
We value the different strengths that each individual brings.
我们珍惜每个人的特长。

We value honest, clear, and direct interaction.
我们提倡诚实、清晰和直接的沟通交流;
We listen actively so that we can deeply understand others.
我们愿意倾听他人,以便深入理解对方;
We use and pay attention to both verbal and non-verbal skills.
我们使用并留意言语和非言语的沟通技巧;
We are sensitive to and appreciative of different styles of communication.
我们敏感于并欣赏不同的沟通风格;
We seek to make our conversations efficient and productive.
我们尽力使我们的谈话富有成效。
We are secure in our beliefs and values, and act accordingly.
我们对自己的信念有确据,并据此而行;
We are not diminished by the fear of failure. 
我们不害怕失败;
We do not shy away from pain or difficulty.
我们不逃避痛苦和困难;
We take initiative and embrace leadership opportunities.
我们总是采取主动并把握走向未来的机会;
We understand that all improvement is a never-ending process.
我们知道进步永无止境。

This week, we’re going to take a closer look at Creativity and Collaboration.这周,我们将走进去了解创造力和合作这两个5C品格。

Creativity is not something you are simply born with. It’s developed through not from sitting in a lecture, but by learning and doing through creative thinking processes. So why is creativity important?
创造力不是你天生就有的。它不是通过坐着听课就能发展起来的,而是通过创造性思维过程的学习和实践发展起来的。那么为什么创造力很重要呢?

Creativity stops old habits or patterns of thinking. 
创造力阻止旧的习惯或思维。
Creativity allows for unconventional ways of thinking.  
创造力允许非常规的思维方式。 
Creativity connects us to our passions.
创造力将我们与激情联系在一起。 
Creativity fosters confidence. 
创造力培养信心。 
Creativity gives us a voice.
创造力给了我们发言权。 
Creativity involves different learning styles.
创造力涉及不同的学习风格。

In order to develop creativity in the classroom, it is essential that we, as teachers, encourage and allow students to use their critical thinking skills to come up with a solution to problems. In this way, it forces the teachers to take a step back, stop giving students solutions or answers, and allowing them the grace space to think for themselves. Teachers often ask students open-ended questions to help encourage the process like :

为了在课堂上培养创造力,作为教师,我们必须鼓励和允许学生运用他们的批判性思维技能来解决问题。这样,就迫使老师后退一步,不再给学生解答或答案,让他们有自己思考的空间。教师经常向学生提出开放性问题,以帮助学生养成这样的习惯,例如: 

Think about your daily routine when you go to work. Who do you talk to? Who do you work with? How do you solve problems? How many people are you coming into contact with daily? How many different personalities are you working with each day? Every day you encounter many, many situations in which collaboration is required and you quickly understand that not all collaboration is equal.
上学的时候想想自己每天的常规任务。你在和谁说话?你和谁一起合作学习?你是怎么解决问题的?你每天接触多少人?你每天和多少不同的人一起学习?每天你都会遇到多少需要协作的情况,你很快就会明白并不是所有的协作都是平等的。 

Collaboration is an essential skill student must master because this skill will not go away, it is something that will always be used for the rest of his/her life. Recently, one of our Foreign English Teachers, Ms. Janet, wrote an article about Collaborative Learning 《Why Cooperative Learning》in which she shares activities that teaches the students not only English, but also how to work together like the activity Think-Pair-Share.
协作是学生必须掌握的一项基本技能,因为这项技能不会消失,一个人一生都会用到这样一个技能。最近,我们的一位外籍英语教师Janet女士写了一篇关于合作学习的文章《为什么要合作学习?》,她在文章中分享了一些活动,不仅教学生英语,而且教他们如何像“思考-小组合作-分享”这样合作学习。 

Students are also encouraged to work together through groups. Students in Grade One and Grade Five sit in desks that are grouped with other students. In Ms. Wendy’s Grade Five Classroom, each student group has a group leader who helps encourage the daily collaboration process between the students who sit together. Giving students team roles is a vital part of collaboration and allows students to participate and contribute at different levels.
她还鼓励学生以小组的形式合作。一年级和五年级的学生坐在与其他学生分组的桌子上。在Wendy老师的五年级课堂上,每组学生都有一名组长,组长帮助坐在一起的学生进行日常合作。给学生分配在小组中的职责是小组合作的一个重要部分,可以让学生在不同的层面上参与和贡献。

Encouraging collaboration also forces teachers to take a hands-off approach and allow for students to solve problems as they arise. In Ms. Tina’s Grade 3, Class 2 Classroom, there are often arguments that happen between the students, which is a natural process for young primary students. Ms. Tina allows for her students to practice conflict resolution. Instead of fixing the problems for her students, Ms. Tina acts as a mediator and encourages productive, positive conversation between the students where they can discuss how they feel, why they feel it, and how to resolve the conflict.
鼓励合作也迫使教师采取不干涉的方法,让学生在问题出现时解决问题。在Tina老师的三(2)班里,学生之间经常发生争吵,这对于小学生来说是一个正常的过程。Tina老师允许她的学生们学着解决冲突。Tina不是为她的学生解决问题,而是充当调解人,鼓励学生之间进行富有成效的积极对话,讨论他们的感受、为什么会有如此感受以及如何解决冲突。

At Joy it is vital that we as teachers allow our students the space to practice creativity and collaboration. If there is no space, there is no growth. But it’s not only a school-wide initiative that makes this work. It’s a collaboration between the school and parents. Looking for ways to foster creativity and collaboration at home? Here are a few ways:
在嘉洋,作为老师,让学生有空间练习创造力和协作是至关重要的。没有空间,就没有成长。但是,这不是只在学校才可以培养的。学校和家长之间需要合作。以下是一些在家培养创造力和协作的方法:

Sit down with your student at the beginning of the week. Allow your student to plan a dinner or two during the week. Plan what will be cooked, what will need to be purchased, who will prepare it, and how it will be cooked. It also doesn’t stop at cooking dinner; collaborate after the meal to clean up, wash dishes, the floor, and put things away.
在一周刚开始的时候和您和孩子坐下来商量好。允许您的孩子在一周内计划一两次晚餐。计划要做什么,需要购买什么,谁来准备,怎么做。也可以不仅仅只是做晚饭;可以饭后一起打扫卫生,洗碗,扫地,收拾。
Practice conflict resolution. Don’t solve a problem for your student because it’s easier and faster for you to. Let them have the time and the space to fix it or solve it.
不要为你的孩子解决问题,因为这对你来说更容易、更快。让他们有时间和空间去修复或者解决。
Let your student reorganize or redecorate a small space or his/her room.
让您的孩子重新组织或重新装饰一个小空间或他/她的房间。
Does your student have a younger sibling? Allow them to help you take care of him/her.
你还有弟弟妹妹吗?允许他帮你照顾他/她。

There are many ways to foster and build creativity and collaboration both at school and home. There are important skills for our students to master as they work on becoming leaders in an ever growing and changing world.
学校和家里,有许多方法可以培养和建立创造力和协作。在这个不断成长和变化的世界中,掌握创造和合作的技能,对于我们的学生来说是非常重要的,尤其是当他们要想成为某一领域的领导者的话。

文/Jessica老师
Written by: Jessica
翻译:杨兰老师
Translated by: Sarah

【招生简章】淮安市嘉洋国际学校2021年国际小学部一年级招生说明

【招生简章】淮安市嘉洋国际学校2021年国际部七年级招生说明

【招生简章】淮安市嘉洋国际学校2021年国际高中部招生简章

【招生简章】淮安市嘉洋国际学校2021年国际高中部招生简章